A credit card is a thin rectangular piece of plastic or metal issued by a bank or financial services company that allows cardholders to borrow funds with which to pay for goods and services with merchants that accept cards for payment.
Credit cards impose the condition that cardholders pay back the borrowed money, plus any applicable interest, as well as any additional agreed-upon charges, either in full by the billing date or over time. In addition to the standard credit line, the credit card issuer may also grant a separate cash line of credit (LOC) to cardholders, enabling them to borrow money in the form of cash advances that can be accessed through bank tellers, ATMs, or credit card convenience checks.
Such cash advances typically have different terms, such as no grace period and higher interest rates, compared with those transactions that access the main credit line. Issuers customarily preset borrowing limits based on an individual’s credit rating. A vast majority of businesses let the customer make purchases with credit cards, which remain one of today’s most popular payment methodologies for buying consumer goods and services.
How to Apply Online Credit Card?
- Find the activation information on your card: Your credit card should have a website where you can activate your card. Often, it is on a sticker on the card, but it may also be in the packet of information that came with the card.
- Enter the information on the bank or credit company’s website to activate your card: You’ll need information such as your credit card number, your name, and the security code, which you can find on the back of the card. You also may need your Social Security number and your date of birth.
- Submit the information: Once you’ve entered the information, review it to make sure it is correct. Hit the submit or the activate button, and your card will be activated.
- Confirm that you have activated your credit card online: Financial institutions will call you or send you an email to verify the activation. If you don’t receive an email, you can contact the company to verify that your card was activated.
- Remove the sticker, and sign the card: Take off the sticker from the card that had the activation information on it. Sign the back of the card with your name.
How to Login Online Credit Card?
- Visit the credit card issuer’s website: Go to the website of the bank or financial institution that issued your credit card.
- Locate the login page: Look for the login page on the website. It is usually located at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Enter your login credentials: Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields. If you have not registered for online banking, you will need to do so first.
- Verify your identity: Some banks may require additional verification steps, such as entering a one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number or email address.
- Access your account: Once you have successfully logged in, you can access your account information, view your balance, make payments, and perform other transactions.